Monday, January 21, 2013

{MFT} Creative Challenge


Each month the My Favorite Things designers are challenged to really stretch our creativity and think outside of the box! This month's challenge theme is Round And Round- come up with some fun and different uses of our Circle STAX dies!



 My first card has some artistic flair and I really love how this one turned out! I used coffee filters and cut out various circles with Circle STAX 1 and 2 dies. I then used some OA Sprinklers to 'flick' ink onto the circles- this is messy, so I did it in my garage! You get more of a paint spatter effect this way (you can see on the inside where I did both the flicking and 
 spraying with the pump). I stitched the circles onto my CS, adding a heart die (Hearts A Plenty) and Mini Film Strip die. The sentiments on this card are from the set You Make My Day (this months Triple Scoop set). My CS is Wild Cherry, and I used Black Licorice MFT ink.

My second card was really fun to make as well! I was brainstorming some ideas for uses of the Circle STAX dies and was looking at them all stacked nicely together and thought 'Hey! They look like a Bullseye!'...so that's how this idea came to be ;)



I made an arrow using a die from the set Accent It: Labels and Tabs. An arrow from Lead the Way would have been great, but I don't have that set, so I had to improvise ;) The heart on the end is the smallest from the set Heart STAX. I cut three, scored them down the centre and adhered them all together to be dimensional. The arrow stamp from the set Lollipop Additons: Love was perfect to add to the sentiment. The arrows were stamped in Wild Cherry Ink and the sentiment (from Lovey Dovey Sentiments) was stamped in Black Licorice Ink.



For direct links to the other designers participating in the Creative Challenge, see the MFT BLOG.

8 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Jenny - You are freakin' amazing. I love it all. That target is genius.

Jennifer said...

Hi Jenny,

Very cool!!! :) Thank you so much for sharing your techniques!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Lisa H. said...

ack!!! sooo super cute! love the bullseye you created. awesome!

wendy said...

super creative! love it

zehra said...

Love both cards but the bulls eye is awesome

Melody said...

The bullseye idea is cute!

scrappingnana said...

Love your creative ideas with the circles. The target is a great idea. TFS

Tracy Valure said...

They are all amazing! I love how CAS the first 2 are...but totally adorable!

Tracy