Monday, January 28, 2013

{Teaser Time} Happy Easter

Can you believe that it's Teaser Time at My Favorite Things once again? This month has some amazing stamps and dies that we're sure you will fall in love with! Tonight we are starting off with two sets from Lisa Johnson Designs. Embellished Eggs (with coordinating dies) and Spring Backgrounds.
I have two cards to show you. My first feature Embellished Eggs and Easter Elements die-namics.



Check this eggie out! I used a baby braddie to create a little hinge to open the egg (I just cut 2 eggs and cut them so that they overlap a bit). Inside I tucked in the little chick.
The sky was sponged using Sno-Cone ink and the largest cloud from the Cloud Trio Die-namic.


 The grass was cut using the Fresh Cut Grass die-namics. I stamped the sentiment on a Say What? die. The new die-namics that I've used are Lattice Fence and Easter Elements. I've used Razzel Berry ink



On my second card, I made an egg shaped card using the largest of the Oval STAX 1 die-namic. I stamped the patterns on the easter egg using elements from the Spring Backgrounds set. The green flower was cut from the Easter Elements die set. I added a yellow button and some Orchid Twine. I stamped the sentiment onto a flag from Accent It: Flags and Tags. I used Black Licorice and Razzle berry ink. The patterns were stamped in Razzle berry and Sno-cone Ink




Here are the two cards together- they make a pretty cute Easter set.


Here are the new die-namics used:



26 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute, I love the bling you added.

Linda McClain said...

Holy, Holy Smokes! Love all that sparkle! What a genius touch. The House of Fabergé would be jealous.

Inge Groot said...

Aw so cute that little chick that pops out of the egg...FUN! Gorgeous projects Jenny!!!

Janine said...

Look at the chick that pops out of the egg!! LOL! Fantastic card!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

this is the cutest jenny!!! what a fab idea! i just love the scene and that fence is great...but the chicken is such a great idea!!! love it! :D

zehra said...

You are so creative, love the hinged egg and the shaped card, awesome

Cindi said...

Wow! I love the way you did the egg on the first card. That is so creative! Your colors on both are beautiful.

Pam said...

I love both of your cards. The egg on the first one with the chick is precious.

scrappingnana said...

So cute. Love the chick in the egg.

Diana Soling said...

These are so lovely! The colors just pop and makes me so want spring!!

Elizabeth said...

Love the little chick popping out of the egg. So adorable.

wendy said...

wowzers Jenny...so cute and very creative love the chick inside the egg!

Alina said...

they are gorgeous, Jenny, what an awesome idea with the little chick!

stampingbowd said...

Oh my! Adorable!!!! How clever to hinge the egg!!! Gorgeous inside too!!! The egg shaped card is too cute!!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So BRIGHT and CLEVER, Jenny! That's why I loves ya! :)

BethieJ said...

SO CUTE! LOVE both cards!
Have a GREAT day!!!

Barbara said...

ACK! Love the hinged egg!

Dana Joy said...

Oh goodness...these are adorable.

slbt17 said...

Cute!
Sandra ltb

Betty Sue said...

Adorable! Love your bright colors.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Jenny! Love the burst of color!

Tracy said...

WOW! This is like the ultimate Easter card. Eggs, chicks, and the total rainbow of Easter colors. That blinged up egg is awesome Jenny. Hugs!

Lisa H. said...

omg!!!! love, love, LOVE that interactive card. that chickie is sooooo fun!

Tricia Barber said...

what adorable Easter cards!

Larissa Heskett said...

yeah!! loving the cards and so excited for the release!! thanks for sharing and for the chances to win!! have a fabulous week!! =)

Lori Turner said...

Awww...this is so adorable! Love your little peep-peep hiding in the eggie :)