Wednesday, January 16, 2013

{MFT} Elli's Birthday



Time for another weekly sketch challenge from My Favorite Things

I needed to make my sweet niece, Elliot, a birthday card this past weekend. She turned 4 on Sunday and she is a little princess (or shall I say QUEEN- she told her mom that all she wanted for her birthday was to be the boss of the whole family! lol) I thought this image with the crown would be a good one for her card!


I used Something Special Just For You. I stamped her onto an oval from Oval STAX 1 die-namics and matted with the largest oval in the set, using Hot Fudge CS.  She is coloured up with copics, and I added stickles to the crown and tiny rhinestones to her shoe buckles.

The sentiment is stamped onto, and matted with Fishtail Flags STAX and Layers STAX. I stamped the sentiment in Black Licorice ink (check out that black! it's the blackest! it has taken over my versamark onyx black as my sentiment ink....yep, that's right- it's BETTER than my beloved versamark for coverage!!) I did some Zigzag stitching to attach the little flag.

Behind the oval panel, you'll see two Looped Border die-namic strips peeking out. It's a great die for birthday cards, as it reminds me of birthday confetti and icing!


And here's the inside. I stamped the image again, this time in Sno Cone ink (just using the upper half of the girl) and then added another setntiment using the fishtail flags STAX and Layers STAX again. More Hot Fudge behind the white panel.


You can find more details on our Blog HERE, as well as on SCS (where you will use the keyword MFTWSC107 to be eligible for the weekly prize!)

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the image and the sparkle in her sweet crown. I'm sure your niece loves it!

Jane said...

Sweet and simple and I love the glittery crown
Hugs
Jane

Larissa Heskett said...

Love this!! Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week!! :)

Danni said...

So sweet and fun!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Adorable card, Jenny! Your coloring is always amazing! I'm sure that your niece loved the sparkly crown! :D

Mandi said...

So cute! She did love it and so did I!