Friday, September 16, 2011

The Bachelorette: Gnome Edition

Hey there! Today I have a card to show you using stamps from There She Goes, one of my new DT gigs:) Now, this is THE set that made me first notice TSG ages ago. It's fittingly called 'My Little Friend' and it is a must have set!
I don't know about you, but sometimes 'fake' online shopping fills a void for me (I know, unhealthy and something that I probably need therapy for;), but it is a kind of therapy I guess;) I fill up my online cart to my hearts content, and then close the laptop and walk away....it's weird. What can I say. I feel like I've shopped. Anywho- this set was in my pretend cart about a hundred times...and boy, now that I have the real deal and not the fantasy version, I wish I would have hit the 'confirm order' button a whole lot sooner!!! IT IS CAA-UTE!!!! OMG!! I was snickering to myself the whole time I was making the card..there are so many cute little puns...you have to check it out for yourself! And have you seen the movie Gnomeo & Juliet? I look at these little stamps and think of their individual personalities if they were to come alive;) lol
Okay, onto the card!

Doesn't the girl gnome look like she is trying to decide which guy to go with? And the boys look so nervous, trying to woo her with their little flowers;) I cut squares with my spellbinders, and while each square was still in the metal die, I stamped the image down and then traced around the inside of the die with a copic multiliner.

Olive ribbon, a blue button and brown hemp twine bow tie all of the colours in.

For the inside, I kept the design elements the same, using the MFT open scallop dienamic again and adding a heart (TCP Sunflower Rosette cutup) under the sentiment to add to the romance!


Want to win some prizes from TSG? This month we are celebrating ALL MONTH LONG! Is that a Birthday party or what? Right now there is a fun little contest going on every day! Go check it out at the TSG Blog, and you may just come out a winner:)

Supplies- Stamps- There She Goes; ink- memento; cs- SU, Xpress; dp- October Afternoon, Jillibean Soup; Dies- MFT, TCP. spellbinders; ribbon- SU; button- SU; twine- walmart; copics; multiliner; bigshot
Sketch- Taylored Expressions

**Giveaway still going on from my last post. Scroll down for more details**

6 comments:

Torico said...

This is so lovely!:):)

Steph Herbert said...

I pretend shop too! This is so darned adorable!!! :)

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the colors.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

I adore this card. I've been wanting this set for ev er..... I don't do the 'pretend cart' well, not usually, but whenever I see anything about this set, I start drooling..... You may have inspired me to finally take the plunge and hit the buy button for this. Your card is really cute and I love the bachelorette theme. Too funny.

daisy said...

what a lovely card

hugs
daisy

Anonymous said...

HA!! This is too cute! Great card girl!