Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{TSG September Release} Day Three

Today the TSG Trendsetters are previewing a gorgeous new set by Whimsie Doodles called World's Best, and the coordinating World's Best Die.




 
This set is perfect for fun banners and badges, and also large flowers, complete with stems and leaves! So, so fun!! And also lots of options for any card reciever on your list, from Grandpa and Grandma (with the alternative Nana and Papa- which I LOVE, as my boys call their Grandpa 'Papa' and I find it so hard to get stamps using Papa) to son/daughter and alot in between! Very, very versatile!

I decided to make my mom a birthday card from the kids. Since she is the world's best Grandma, this is the perfect set for her:) Okay- my card is a little on the 'different' side. I really don't know what happened when I was making this, because I intended for a soft, floral look......and this is what I ended up with:

I was just going to stick with the pink gingham paper, and then all this other paper screamed at me, so the card morphed into a retro style. I used one of the flowers (and cut it with the matching die), as well as the pink circle, banner flags (cut with the matching die) and a punched face from the patterned paper, to make the ribbon. And then paired the 'Worlds Best' sentiment with 'Grandma'.


Here is a side angle so you can see all the dimension...I think I must have used a full sheet of dimensionals on just this one card!! And NO COLOURING- I think my cold medicine is making me both colour blind and crazy! hehe


Some rhinestones were added under the sentiment and in the corners to bling it up a bit....and have you ever sponged with hot pink ink? I have to say, I think this is my first time doing that;) lol

I covered the retro housewife circle punch with crystal effects to make it look more like an embellishment.


And here are my boys signed names, except the baby- I signed his;)  I thought that I was a pretty good mom for letting them write in a card I just spent the better part of the afternoon making and I think they did not too bad for Grade 2 and Kindergarten!
I stamped the 'Grandma' from this set on a patterned paper flag diecut, and the 'Happy' and 'Birthday' is from the set My Little Friend.


Okay- It's not the World's Best....but it just might be the worlds brightest and busiest card!

If you would like to win 'World's Best' and the coordinating die, all you have to do is comment! It's that easy! Here are the deets:

One random commenter from a per-determined Trendsetter's Blog Hop Challenge post will be selected to win. You’ll have till Saturday's Release Party to comment on as many Trendsetter Blog Hop Challenge posts as possible. The more Trendsetter posts you comment on during each Blog Hop Challenge, the greater your chances of winning! Be sure to check the TSG Blog Saturday evening after 9:00pm EST to see if you're a winner!

24 comments:

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous Jenny, love how it all just works together!

sammi said...

Ohhhhh this is awesome! Love the colors and papers!

Angel said...

This card is so fun and lively!!! Great set and dies!

Tara Cardwell said...

This is pure genius - the face in the centre is brilliant! What a unique card.

Lori Turner said...

So RETRO! Love it, Jenny!!! Your Mom will love it too - cuz it came from you and your kiddos :)

Melissa said...

HA! This card is fabulous, Miss Jenny! Way to rock the patterned paper - LOVE it! (but I *did* have to put on my sunglasses... *wink*)

Jackie R. said...

Love the Retro look! The face in the middle of the medallion is awesome!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Awww, perfect vintage card for a grandma - I am sure she will love it! I like all the layering!
~Meredith

SugarGem said...

Oh my gah I love love love this.

jan farnworth said...

neat card.

Anonymous said...

Nice card.

ArtfullyJune said...

Great card - I love the medallian/ribbon look of this set.

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

What an amazing card!! I love all of the different layers that you put together so well!

Heide said...

Super vintage card!

cropmom66 said...

Wow!!! What a great card!! Love the vintage look!

Anita said...

Stunning! I love how you combined all the papers.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

oh that is so great, love the retro design

Cathy said...

Great Card. Love the colors and the look of vintage in the card. Your mom will love it.

Jess Willison said...

This is awesome! Love the vintage look!

Alina said...

Wow! The card is amazing! Love it!

Sassy said...

What f FUN card...love the retro look

Anonymous said...

Love the cute designer paper.

Theresa said...

Oh my this is fabulous!! I totally love it! Everything about it is just amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this one is awesome too!