Friday, September 2, 2011

Some Big News!

Today I have something to share with you that I've been keeping under my hat for what feels like forever! Sweet Ms Karen Dedman, the boss lady and owner of Your Next Stamp, has asked me to be a permanent fixture over at YNS! If you remember a few months back, I was approached by her to be a Guest Designer and I helped out again for their August Birthday celebration. Well I had so much fun and Karen is such a joy to work for, how could I resist? Plus YNS is a Canadian company and I love supporting anything 'homegrown', and these stamps are freakin' cute to boot!! Win-Win?? Yes, I think so;)
In honour of my 'coming out', I decided to whip up a cute little YNS creation using Happy Days Mermaid.


Nothing says shiny like mermaids, so I just went with it! Red glitter paper, twinkly sand coloured ultra-fine glitter, clear and aqua stickles on her tail, starfish top (booby-underpants as my kids would say), earrings and hair flower. As well as a tiny little pearl in the flower center that I'm assuming she found in a little oyster shell;) The little kelp plant and crab come with this set, as well as 3 sentiments in total and a little starfish accessory. Everything is popped up using dimensionals. Copics were my colouring medium and I added simples to her and the the crabs cheeks using a white gel pen.


I kept the inside really sparse, as I'm not sure what kind of card this will be yet. The front sentiment is non-specific, so this could end up being a birthday, thankyou, friendship card....whatever! Lots of room for another stamp or just a personal note.



Supplies: Stamps- YNS; Ink- memento; DP- Echo Park Splash; CS- SU!; glitter paper- SU!; ultrafine glitter; stickles; copics; pearl- SU!; dimensionals- SU!; Bigshot; circle and scallop circle nesties
Sketch- SSSC

6 comments:

Danni said...

Congrats!! And what an awesome card! Love it!

Karen Giron said...

Wow, congrats! You totally deserve it, especially with this adorable card - all the cutting and sparkle and pop! Love it! Your coloring is amazing!!! Thanks for playing along this week at Sweet Sunday!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is super SWEET and SPARKLY Jenny - just the way I like it!!! So happy to have you here at YNS!!! You ROCK!!
Hugs
Karen

Angel said...

congrats! again! just make it a friendship card and send it to me!

Jennifer M. said...

This card is beautiful! Congrats on your new position and congrats on winning the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I love mermaids so this one definitely caught my eye. I just had to come over to tell you Hi and great job on your creation. :)

Jen

Kerri said...

YAY, Jenny! I am so excited that you are joining the YNS family! You are uber talented woman, and I'm so looking forward to working with you! This is super adorable by the way:)