Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fallin' For You

Hi there! How's your Labour Day weekend going? Yesterday my boys and I went into town to get their haircut (did you see the pic a few days ago of my littlest at the beach with the shaggiest hair ever??). We didn't make any appointments and just hoped for the best, and unfortunately the stylist only had time for 2 boys. Since the older ones are in school and school pics are Tuesday, they took priority! So the little guy remains my trusty lil sheepdog;) Then we rented a movie and Xbox game, ordered a pizza to bring home and had a very chill evening! We are starting to miss the daddy of the house pretty bad though. Lazy days like that seem to make the hole that Craig leaves when he's away, rear it's ugly head:( Busy, hectic days are better for all of us when it comes to that, I think. But it definately still was a wonderful day and there is alot that I am thankful for...one of them being sunshine! The kids wore shorts yesterday and today! (well- 'cept Jake, who at the tender age of 5, is a diehard redneck at heart and lives for jeans)
I'll show you a little card that I have been working on. I had one of those 'lightbulb' moments (I hear mine in the voice of Steve Carrel in Despicable Me) the other night, and I literally shot up in bed with an idea for the MFT Guest DT contest going on tight now here. Unfortunatly, the idea didn't translate exactly how I wanted it when I was put to task. Maybe it had something to do with the idea coming to me in dream format.
Anyway, the theme is RIP & ROLL (ripped paper, rolled whatever....) I did a crapload of ripping, so much so, that my digits are aching and I'm probably going to develop premature arthritis. I tore 5000 bits of dp for my leaves, tore up some hills of grass, and rolled up some little red felt apples. PLEASE tell me they look like apples and not roses!!! I coloured up one of my favorite PI's Caramel Apple and added some Crystal Effects to her apple, barrette and shoes. Along with my wonky felt apples/roses...NO Jenny- they are APPLES, damnit!- I am not a fan of the orange sweater. I only have a very small number of orange copics, and looking at this sweater, I am thinking another copic order is in the cards for me. I also wanted to add some texture to the sweater, using colourless blender and some real knit, but I ate lunch at McDonald's with the kids today, and frankly, that greasy garbage sucks the life right out of me....why don't I ever learn? So with my ambition nearly at it's all time low, and a rotten gut, I just let sleeping dogs lie with the orange sweater.

See the bits of paper on the grass? They are supposed to be fallen leaves and also some apples that hit the ground. I probably should have made the apple in her hand red as well, to tie the apples together and reiterate the point that those are not roses. Haha! And in all the twists and turns this card gave me, I completely forgot that I do have the MFT cloud die, and used my TCP cloud die instead. It was already tacked down with score tape, which some of you know is so sticky, it can double as waxing strips. No pulling that cloud off.
Here are a few close-ups:


And here is the inside...


Okay, that's it for me today! Stay tuned for some TCP goodness coming up shortly:)

8 comments:

Rachel G said...

Darn, Jenny Petterson...How are they ever going to pick us normal people for guest designer when you create such masterpieces?? LOL!
This is just genius...a PERFECT fall card!!

Lori Turner said...

Wow! Very cool card! I admire you for ripping all those itty-bitty pieces of paper Jenny! :)

Steph Herbert said...

Holy Smokes! That is just brilliant! :)

Jody Morrow said...

WOW! That is GORGEOUS! *thud*

Karen Motz said...

Holy ripping Batman! This looks freaking amazing!!!

Betsy said...

I love your card just how it is!!! It's perfect!!

Becky Carafa said...

I agree with Rachel, give us other girls a chance, lol!!!! This is just amazing, very creative idea. I love the double-layered sentiment banner, gonna hafta remember that one.

Michele Boyer said...

Oh my GOSH! I swear, Jenny, ALL of your cards are WORKS OF ART. Seriously! Amazing!