Tuesday, September 6, 2011

{TCPTUES175} A Sketchy Anniversary

This week over at The Cat's Pajamas, Leigh is our super-sketchy hostess and boy, has she whipped up a doozy! This one was tough people! The double banner flags had me stumped! But I have never been called a quitter (okay, I have a few times;), so I didn't let this sketch get the best of me....My Ma and Pa's anniversary is today, so I made this one for them...Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! (not that they read my blog, but what the heck, best wishes anyway;)


I've used a few different TCP sets on this card. The pattern on the rolled nest die (which is actually the nest stamp itself) and the birds are from the Nesting set. The branch is from The Tweetest Things, and the anniversary sentiment and filigree is from Simply Said. The cutups I've used are Rolled Nest (so super easy to make! And unfortunately, currently out of stock) and the smaller pennants from the Pennant cutup set. If you are ever wondering how exactly to use some of our awesome dies, Alma has put together a few fabulous videos to demonstrate. Check them out on the TCP website here! It's Oscar worthy material, I tell ya!


Aren't my two lovebirds so tweet, canoodling on the tree branch, waiting patiently for their three precious little eggs to hatch (there's myself and my two brothers in my family...coincidence? I think not;) Here is the inside, with my trademark, uncentered sentiment. Why stop now??


If you would like to play with us and take a chance on winning some weekly catcash, or better yet, the title of Swanky Stamper of the Month, then check out Alma's blog for more details!

Supplies: Stamps- TCP; Ink- memento, SU (early espresso, certainly celery), Colorbox Chalk ink; DP- Simple Stories- baby steps; CS- SU (kraft, early espresso, celery); dies- TCP, spellbinders circles; pearls- SU; ribbon- dollar store; dimensionals- SU; leaf stick pins- Maya Road; gluegun; bigshot; sponges

5 comments:

Rachel G said...

Jenny, this is GORGEOUS! Love the colors. When I was on Leigh's blog this am and saw the sketch, I was like...yikes! But, I will be giving it a try...See you at the MFT release party tonight. :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Very pretty and organic looking - I like the symbolism for your parents anniversary.

Michele Boyer said...

This is sooo sweet. I love the two birds together! Happy anniversary to your mom and dad!

Anonymous said...

JENNY!!! I love it (and I am not much for birds)!!!!!!

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Jenny,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com