Tuesday, September 20, 2011

{TSG September Release} Day Two

Hey there! So what did you all think of the BOL Holiday Additions and Follow Your Bliss sets previewed yesterday? Fabulous, right? Remember that if you want to win BOTH of those sets, comment on the Trendsetters posts...You have until Sunday night to comment on all posts. Winners from all preview days will be announced at the release party!
Today the TSG Trendsetters are showing you a spooktacular new set by designer Torico called Bugs & Hisses, as well as a wicked spiderweb die to go with it! Yippee!! Dies are my FAVE! But alas, I live in the Great North, and my dies are being really stubborn when it comes to hopping on over the border, so I will have to ooohhh and ahhhh over others creations;) lol


So here is my card! I am always amazed when I can put together a card NOT using a sketch, but Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I felt really inspired:) I know, it's nothing special as far as layouts go, but I am patting myself on the back nonetheless!


I used a bit of Crystal Effects to add some shine to the bats and gravestones, as well as some bling! Not sure if most people would be into rhinestones on their headstones, but I think it's a nice touch;) I airbrushed the sky and ground with my copics, using a cloud die to give some shadows. I also airbrushed the sentiment panel, using two different purples as well as a light green in the centre. Lots of black machine stitching, some rhinestones added here and there, and a bubbly tinsel-ribbon bow finish it off:) I also used a Martha Stewart spiderweb border punch along the edge of the green and black cat dp (which btw, is a yummy SU! Halloween paper pack). There was honestly not a tidbit of purple on the dp that I used, but I am a nut for purple on Halloween, so I used it anyway, and I think it looks fang-tastic!

The pretty, glitzy trimmed ribbon.....


And a closer look at the mixed fonts on this sentiment (I LOVE the scratchy looking one;)...

And another view of the cardfront from straight-on:

One random commenter from a per-determined Trendsetter's Blog Hop Challenge post will be selected to win. You’ll have till Saturday's Release Party to comment on as many Trendsetter Blog Hop Challenge posts as possible. The more Trendsetter posts you comment on during each Blog Hop Challenge, the greater your chances of winning! Be sure to check the TSG Blog Saturday evening after 9:00pm EST to see if you're a winner!




28 comments:

Echo said...

Awesome card! I love the scene you put together and how some images are popped! And the layout is wonderful! You definitely deserved that pat on the back : )

daisy said...

what a lovely halloween card!

hugs
daisy

Jackie R. said...

Terrific scene you created! The purplish clouds in the background are too cool!

Julie said...

Super cute, Jenny! Love that sparkly black ribbon!

Annheidel said...

Fantastic card! Love those layers!

PisforPaper said...

Your graveyard scene is awesome, love this card!

Lynn Put said...

OMGoodness this is fantastic! All of the popped up elements, rhinestones and details look so fun with this Halloween scene!

Karen Giron said...

I LOVE the layout and I'm so impressed you didn't use a sketch! LOVELY! And the shine on the bats and headstones is fabulous along with your airbrushed sky - spooktacular dahling!!! :)

Anita said...

Super cute! I love the sparkle.

jan farnworth said...

love the scene you created on this wonderful card.

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Oh my goodness Jenny, I LOVE this card! The little rhinestones on the headstones are the perfect addition.

Lisa H. said...

sooo sweet! love the added bling!

Anonymous said...

Love how your bats pop! Really nice card!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Oh I LOVE this! I adore the way you blinged out the graveyard (LOL!), all your dimension you added to your bats and that sparkly spooky ribbon - spectacular!
~Meredith

Raven said...

I so love everything about this card!!! Just fantastic!

dinosaur said...

This is truly a spooky card! Great job!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

ADORABLE card design and scene. LOVE it

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

OMG! What an awesome Halloween scene! Great card!

Sandra MacLean said...

Ooooo! Look how spooky this card is!! Great job!

Cathy said...

Great scene, love the graveyard scene. Love your bow.

Sassy said...

Love the total scene you created

sammi said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! What a fabulous graveyard scene! This is amazing! Love the added elements, too!

Alina said...

spoooooky!! :) Great card! Love it!

Theresa said...

The scene is adorable, the rhinestones on the tombstone super cute, my favorite are the bats and the use of crystal effects. I just love those bats. :)

bryansgyrl said...

I love the colors and the bling!

Anonymous said...

Completely and totally amazing card!!

Theresa said...

This is so amazing. Love the clouds and the ribbon. Pefect!!

Anonymous said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! OMG Jenny, this is spectacular!