Saturday, September 10, 2011

TSG Paper Doll Challenge

Hey all! I was so excited to find a few packages of brand new stamps in my mailbox on Friday! One of those packages was my There She Goes DT package! Ooooo...so fun! I decided to whip up some spooky little paper dolls for this past weeks birthday challenges (you still have time to play along with all five challenges, and they're really easy! TSG will be giving away a $10 gift certificate for each day! If you want to make your own little paper doll and play along, check out the TSG blog for details.
I used the cutest little Halloween set 'Hauntingly Delightful' (sorry, currently out of stock) and made a cute little gang of trick or treaters!

Aren't they cute?! I stamped the characters onto Xpress It cardstock and coloured them all with copics, adding clear spica pen to the scythe, dracula's shoes and tie, and crystal effects to drucula's eyes, mummy's eyes, and the ghosts pumpkin,
The little stands were made by cutting one circle nestie for each 'doll', and cutting in half. One cut was made in each half, one halfway up and on the other, halfway down. I also stamped another double for each character (using taupe ink). This became the back of the doll (copics bleed through the paper and I didn't want that being seen from the back). The images were layered together with score tape with the top of the circle stand in between.
Here are some close-ups:





And here is the backside, as well as one of the dolls with his stand dismantled.



Well, there you have it! Easy peasy! My 5 yr old is itching for me to make him a little haunted house to go with his new friends, as well as the witch and bat that come with this stamp set. He even wants little gravestones! What can I say? He's my kid;) A Halloween lover!
Remember to check out the TSG blog to link up your paper doll and check out what the other Trendsetters and TSG fans have been up to...

5 comments:

Steph Herbert said...

So freaking adorable! :)

Evette K. said...

really really cute! how do I get on a list to get these stinkin cute stamps? Thanks. ekciampo@yahoo.com

Crafty Math Chick said...

Oh Jenny! These are absolutely adorable!! MY gosh! I think it is so sweet your son wants a haunted house for them to match!
~Meredith

Melissa said...

Wow, wow, wow. I am NOT a Halloween girl but you *almost* have me converted - these are stinkin' ADORABLE! LOVE 'em!

Anita said...

These are stunning! I love how did all the figures.