Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Goldilocks and the 3 Boys...er, I mean Bears!

Sometimes I feel a little like Goldilocks..with my 3 lil boys (who can be real bears when they want too, let me tell ya!). This weeks Kraftin' Kimmie challenge is to create something with a fairytale theme. I decided to ink up my Goldilocks set. I used last weeks SSSC100, but didn't get the card done until this past sunday night, so I missed the deadline on that one:) Yes, I know...I am on the ball! lol
Since I was obviously channelling the story of Goldilocks and The Three Bears, I busted out my brand-spankin new OA paper pack...called 'Campout' I believe? Anyway I thought the baby blue story book page and the tree dp were perfect for the theme! The tale of wandering through the forrest and coming upon the bears house was runnning thru my mind:) My son Jake came in my stamp room to hang out with me and I told him the story...the I felt like a bit of a 2nd rate mom, as I had never told him that one before and he's almost 5!! Oops! lol!
Anyway, I stamped her on TE choice white cs and coloured her with copics....btw, these kraftin' kimmie kids are fabulous, but colouring them is not for the faint of heart!!! It's definately an endeavour! I practically develop carpal tunnel every time I ink one up! I also made a mask and airbrushed a light blue sky basckground and green grassy base...I then added a bit of grass with the same green copic. I added a little sparkle to her hair bows, the mama bear's bow, and Goldi's dress ruffle with a clear spica. Some SU pearls were added for a little extra detail, as well as a big SU ribbon bow:)
Don't you love that loopy border die on the front? Well, it's one of my favorites...the Apron Lace border from TCP! I also used it on the inside, just cutting twice, to make a double edged border. I used another spellbinders die (different size, same label) for the inside sentiment, as well as the little bear that comes with the set (there are 2 sentiments that come with this set- the other is something about 'sending you bear hugs' or something like that). As I mentioned before, KK stamps are UNMOUNTED (which I loathe, but I love Kimmie stamps, so I put up with it;)...so If you live in the sticks (like me) and have been patiently waiting for your stamps to arrive in the mail, and they come and you are so excited to use them and then you open them and think "what the heck?! where is the foamy, sticky peice that I push onto the block??"....and then you have to wait days until your trip to town to find some product that you stick on the back...then you're not alone!! So here's my advice: Buy some of that EZ Mount foam and have it on hand for these kind of predicaments!! It will save you some grief!

Thanks for visiting!!! Jenny

2 comments:

Mary J said...

Wow! What great attention to detail - it's beautiful!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oooooh, what a gorgeous creation!! Your colouring is fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!