Thursday, January 13, 2011

{SSSC99} Heart Song

Hi there! Ah, my heart is singing right now! My hubby is home and I am watching him play with the boys and give them hugs and kisses and it makes my heart happy to have my family all together where we belong:)
So this post is fitting for the mood that I am in right now....bright and cheery with a song in my heart;)
This layout is from Karen's SSSC99, this weeks sketch. I love this one- I'm sure I'll use it again and again:)
I am also entering it in TCPTUES141, in which we were challenged to use ribbon in a non-traditional way (NO BOWS!! lol). The Design Team were soooooo creative in this challenge- I cannot begin to fathom their level of crafty genius! I really had no 'lightbulb' moment, so I went with a simple ribbon-scrunching (??) technique (it won't land me any awards for unique-ness, but it is cute I think:)....I stamped my little Jingle Bell TCP girl in memento and coloured her with copics and paper-peiced her coat and then her hands. Instead of using the Christmas-y bells she came with, I punched a little heart out of some DP with an SU! punch and stuck it under her hands. I lifted up the top edge of the heart a bit, covered the heart with cotton candy stickles and dusted a very small amount of dazzling diamonds glitter over (I didn't want the glitter to over run the pink stickles). I coloured over her hair ribbons and tights with clear and pitch black stickles. I cut her out with circle nesties and sponged with my beloved baja breeze ink.
The ribbon treatment is really easy to do, just run a strip of score tape along the card front and start laying the ribbon down, bunching it and bending it as you go along. If it looks bad, pull up what you need to and keep going;) The trick is to leave the ribbon on the roll while you do this. It takes alot of ribbon, and there is no way of knowing how much you need until you're done. Under that red satin ribbon strip is the brand-spankin' new SU melon mambo pompom trim! YUM!! Gonna get this in a few more colours I think! There is an orange colour that I won't be able to live without! And under that pompom trim is TCP's icing cut up die in Buh-right yellow CS!! This card is so bright I have to wear shades!! LOL
I didn't embellish this card too much (a few heart brads on the front), as I wanted the bright colours to take centre stage....adding more jazz would have probably taken away from it. I even debated the heart brads, but they are new and I am like a kid when I get something new and HAVE to play with it! I think the hearts are ok..what do you think?

For the inside, I used the circle nesties again,, as well as the lacey circle nestie. I sponged the white sentiment circle with the baja ink again. Since the stamp set I used is a Christmas one, I had to nose around all my stamps for an appropriate sentiment. I found this one in an MFT Jolinne Heart Sings set....I think it's perfect for the card! I also used a srtip of red ribbon and the yellow icing die again.

Recipe:
Stamps: TCP Jingle Bells (girl), MFT Jolinne Heart Sings (snetiment)
Ink: Memento, SU
CS: SU, TE (choice snow white)
DP: Bella Road 'Everybody Loves Christmas'
Ribbon/ trim: SU
Dies: Spellbinders, TCP
Other: stickles, Copics, dazzling diamonds (SU), Spica (clear, pitch black), brads (making memories), dimensionals (SU), sponge, bigshot

3 comments:

Mandi said...

She's super cute!

Michele Boyer said...

Awww...this is so sweet! I love those three little different heart brads!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous! Love that you switched the jingle bell out and have her holding a heart! :)