Monday, January 31, 2011

{TCP143} A RedHeaded Valentine

Up next  is  TCP challenge 143, which was to use the word 'love or heart(s) on the card. I am still waiting for my Valentine-y lovey dove stamps from the new release, but alas, they aren't here yet! Darned customs always know where to hit me where it hurts! lol
So, I used my little man from the previous release. He is the sweetest..he reminds me of my 2 older kids who love having hot cocoa in real little mugs (which are me and my brothers 'brother bear' and 'sister bear' Berenstein Bear mugs from when we were kids). Quick fact: did you know the difference between Hot Cocoa and Hot Chocolate is that Hot Cocoa has mini-marshmallows, whereas Hot Chocolate has no marshmallows...that's according to the Peterson boys anyways!! lol
I used today Mojo Monday sketch:



I used OA's Seaside collection designer paper. I wanted to make a Valentine that wasn't all frilly and pink...something suitable for a boy! I also used some SU heart punches, kiwi kiss and cherry cobbler CS. I stamped my guy right onto the card front (SU whisper white- which is not my fav for colouring copics on- the colour tends to 'sit' on the surface of the paper more, giving it sort of a shiny, painted look. If you like that look, then SU is the way to go and cheap, but I prefer neenah, TE and xpress blend-it CS)

I made my little dude a redhead (E08, 09, 97), paper-pieced his coat and added some CE to the cocoa mug:) I stitched down all of the hearts (hey- who says you can't slather a boyish card in hearts?), added some silver brads to the corners and a SU kiwi cord button tied with red bakers twine. The sentiment (containing the word heart, of course) was stamped directly onto the white CS.

I kept the inside simple, as I want to be able to personalize this card for one of the many little guys in my life...I know a certain, sweet little redhead that might need a Valentine!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO cute, Jenny! I love the stitched hearts. I think I may need this set too..... ;) Have a super day! :)

Alma de la Rosa said...

I think that if customs saw what you do with stamps, they would turn over your stamps in a heartbeat. Fabulous

Lisa H. said...

great colors! and love all the hearts. beautiful!

Nancy Thomas said...

Jenny - this is outstanding - love your interpretation of the Mojo sketch and all the gorgeous primary colors. This little guy is so cute as a redhead.

Chris said...

love all your TCP cards. congrats on being the Swanky Stamper!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! What a fantastic creation!! The little redhead is going to be very lucky!!

Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Leigh OBrien said...

Jenny, Jenny...who can I turn to. You've shown us sumthin' that only you could do-o-o...oh well, enough goofy singing. I have to congratulate you on being so swanky once again. This is one unbelievable card and i can't stop looking at it. Fab-u-lous!!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful card!! Love your use of the sketch with all those hearts and the coloring is fantastic!! Congrats on Swanky Stamper!!

Cheryl said...

I love this card! Love the colors and how perfect it is for a little guy.

Michele Boyer said...

LOVE this! Those hearts are FABULOUS!