Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{MFTGUESTDT0111} Batman!

I had this project in mind when this little PI superboy was released months ago, but finally got around to making it last night, My Favorite Things guest DT challenge this month is to use banners on your project and I didn't even check what or when the challenge was until last night, so a couple hours before the deadline I got to work! Nothing like leaving things to the last minute!! I wanted to go with a movie poster kind of idea, as Jake is always dressing up like his fav superhero and getting into character. I used 2 different MFT banner dies, as well as the star border die and cloud trio die. It's a 5x7 size so that I could pop it into a picture frame for in his bedroom. I am also toying with the idea of making it the cover of a little mini-album of Jake in his various costumes (IronMan, Cowboy, Knight and of course, his multiple batman suits!!). Right now he is pretty excited about keeping it in his room, so maybe when that novelty wears off I will convert the project:)

I Stamped him on white CS and drew in some bat ears with my copic multiliner. I coloured him with markers (T4, T6, T8, T10, Black, B95, 97, 99, Y19, 21, E000, E00, E01) and just coloured his little bald head the same as the facemask, and cloured his open legs black as well to make tall boots. The bat brad is from my halloween stash. He is cut out and popped up on dimensionals. I cut out the dp to make the city skyline. I used rows of black rhinestones along the top of each banner and a few star black rhinestones here and there. That's about it!!


I'm going to have to look for a better frame next time I'm in town. This is just one I had laying around. I want to get a 'floating' style so that none of the banners get cut off by the frame, but this will float Jake's boat for now:)

He is pretty happy with it, but he said "MOM, Batman ALWAYS wears gloves! He would never have his hands showing like that!" and he also thought the cape was a bit off and needs to be 'pokier'at the bottom and not so smooth!! But he was pretty impressed overall, and he is the #1 Fan!












































Recipe:
Stamps: MFT (superhero boy and mini banner alphabet), TCP (larger coolvetica alphabet)
Ink: Memento
CS: choice snowwhite (TE)
DP: BG- Wander
Dies: MFT
Other: Copics, glitter pen, copic multiliner, Bigshot, Crystal Effects (SU), Dimensionals (SU), Black Rhinestones (unknown), Bat brad (recollections), circle punch- moon (SU)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SO brilliant, Jenny, how cute! I love how you created Gotham in the background as well. LOVE it:)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh my goodness, Jenny -- that is FANTASTIC!!! And look at that smile on Jake's face! Priceless. :)