Sunday, January 16, 2011

{MOJO173} Crafty Cuppie

Happy Sunday everyone! How was your weekend? My dh and I had a nice afternoon in town yesterday while grandma and grandpa kept the boys. I went to Michaels and Scrapbookers Paradise, spent my Old Navy gift certificate, and wandered around a few other stores! Then we went to the yummy "It's All Greek To Me" restaurant for some delish saganaki, kleftika, and chicken skewers!! Mmmmm! Then we went to 'Country Strong'. It was really good I thought! Today was my neice Elliot's 2nd birthday party. Lots of fun!!
I made this card for my mom to give to my aunt. She wanted something with a scrapbooking feel, so I went with this crafty cuppie from Taylored Expressions. I used MOJO's sketch this week for the layout.
As you can see from the picture, my sewing machine is still not sewing worth a crap....and I just got it back from the repair store..Grrrr! I used some Thrift Shop paper from October Afternoon. I coloured Cuppie with my copics, added some glitter pen to the container of embossing powder/glitter or whatever's in there;) I used my oval and scalloped oval nesties to cut out the image. I threaded some buttons with twine and used some always artichoke seam binding ribbon. Crystal Effects were added to Cuppies cherry as well as a little white opaque pen for a little highlight.
For the inside, mom wanted to be able to put in a little coupon for a scrapbook that my aunt can make with us when she comes to visit. So I made a giftcard type of holder to slip the coupon in, as well as another slot to put the greeting into.
The 'Buttons' note is a new SU set. I used the crafty sentiment set for the 'I'd Rather be Scrappin'.

Recipe:
Stamps: Taylored Expressions, Stampin Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
CS: SU
DP: OA (thrift shop)
Ribbon: SU
Other: Copics, spellbinders, crystal effects, sakura clear glitter pen, kitchen twine, Bigshot, sewing machine, thread, SU circle punch, buttons (unknown)

No comments: