Monday, January 31, 2011

{TCPTUES142} Krafty Big Bear

So, for a procrastinator such as myself, the last day of the month usually consists of getting anything done that has a deadline of the first of the next month. So here I am getting 2 of this months The Cats Pajamas challenges done! Well, in my defense, I had a little bit of a plan floating around this big ol' head of mine, and I needed one of my new TCP sets to arrive in the mail. For the first challenge, which was a lovely colour challenge (my fav besides sketches) of kraft, white, black, yellow and red. I wanted to use Big Bear and stamp him directly onto kraft CS..I have him a bit of shading (E53, 55, 57), glossed up his wee nose with some Crystal Effects and a bit of opaque white gel pen, and cut him out. The dp is the stunning new 'Circa 1934' line by Cosmo Cricket. I have been seeing this paper alot lately and I had to try my new pad out!! All I can say is Yumm-O! I know I'm gonna have to get some more of this or I'll end up hoarding it! hehe! I used an old skipping stones designs SSD61 sketch for this one. I'm also entering this card for the Thats Krafty Thursday #46 (use kraft CS in your project)..I've never entered Jeanie's contests before, but I sure admire her stamping!
Big Bear is popped up on a stack of circle nesties, I used my new TCP dies, Big scallop edge border die, and pinking edge die (not sure if thats the name?), some black satin SU ribbon. I used TCP's banner die and Coolvetica alphbet to spell out ROAR. I then used some SU twine and gold brads to finish off the banner...I LOVE banners! They are soooo fun! The banner and the circle panel are up on dimensionals as well.
The inside is the same dp, and a few layers of that super scallop die, as well as a strip of the satin ribbon. I used a PapertreyInk die, and SU scallop punch, a spellbinders label die and 2 gold brads to finish it off! I have to say that I am seriously in love with the way this card came out. The colour challenge was such an elegant combo, and this sketch made it all so easy! I am lovin Big Bear too:)



8 comments:

Carol said...

Your cards are just so stinkin' cute! Especially the 'roar' card...just adorable!

Alma de la Rosa said...

OMGosh! Such a truly fabulous card

The Spotted Chick said...

Accccck!! Are you kiddin' me??? This is FABULOUS!!! Girl you outdid yourself on this one!! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

~amy~ said...

Okay, how adorable is this??!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Linda McClain said...

Oh my . . . this is so adorable. The sentiment is perfect!

Whimsey said...

CONGRATS; great card! Super cute DP!

Laurie Chilton said...

Congratulations on making the top three pick. Your card is absolutely adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable bear and that banner is perfect! Super cute inside too! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!