Thursday, January 20, 2011

{WSC} Whats Up Sunshine?

hey there! I am loving these weekly sketch challenges from MFT! Especially since Mercy has stopped with the Tuesday sketches and Jen's SFYYT is now monthly- I need me a weekly sketch to keep my mojo going:)
I used MFT's In the Garden Jolinne. I coloured her with copics, paper pieced her dress, and drew in some grass. The flower pot was stamped twice and popped up on dimesnionals. I cut her out with a nestie and sponged the edges with soft sky ink. I sewed around all the panels with a row of wonky stitching. There is a little strip of die cut grass behind Jolinne that you can't really see very well. I also cut out a sun with MFT's dienamics and used that in place of the sketches snowflake. I used some yummy green bakers twine from The Twinery and did a double loopy bow thingy behind the big button, which I affixed to the card using hot glue. It's the best for glueing bug and bulky embellishments to a card. I cut the sentiment with a spellbinders tag die and inked the edges.  I moved the sentiment tag to the bottom where it seemed to fit better. I combined the words from a few of the sentiments to make my own cute little phrase 'Whats Up Sunshine' and used the question mark from the PI Bon Voyage set.






































































 I love the sentiments that come with this set...especially this one that I used in the inside of this card. Isn't it sweet?! I used the same crazy stitching and the same dp that I paper peiced her dress with on the front. Well, thats about it!
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: MFT
Ink: memento tuxedo black, SU soft sky
CS: SU
DP: Cosmo Cricket 'togetherness'
Other: Copics, spellbinders dies, twine (The Twinery), button (MFT), sponge, dimensionals (SU), sewing machine, thread,  1" circle punch (SU), glue gun, brad (basicgrey), sun and grass dies (MFT)

3 comments:

g said...

OMGosh- she's adorable!! i love your coloring and her dress and that sun with the button & twiny-bow is just gorgeous! so so fabulous!!

José said...

Oh wow!!!! This is SO great! Love everything about it. Her hair is shining. That flower in the corner, that stitching, the colors... oh wow!

Michele Boyer said...

100% adorable! I love that paper SO much! Your sun/button/twine combo is perfect and I REALLY like the pieced dress!