Tuesday, January 11, 2011

{TCPTUES 140} A Sheep in Sheep's Clothing

When it's cold like this (-25 celsius today and supposed to get -30 by the end of the week), even animals covered in wool need to wear a coat!! This little TCP sheepy is no different! This is the challenge from last week....not quite sure if it's what I'm entering or not.....it took on a mind of it's own about 1/4 the way in, and I'm not sure if I am super happy with it. Ever have an idea in your head that just won't transfer into what you wanted?? This is one of those ideas gone astray!
I used Jen's SFYTT this month, and The Cat's Pajamas is sponsoring this one, so if you use a TCP stamp, and your card is randomly chosen, you win a prize!! Woot, Woot!! The TCP challenge was an inspiration challenge, which I'm actually starting to enjoy! Here is the photo that the Hipster Hostess, Toni, supplied us all with this past week:

Here is my take on this challenge:

I paper-pieced her 'coat' and scarf with some yummy BG Olivia dp, coloured the rest of her with my copics. I added baby braddies as coat buttons. The panel was sponged with Baja Breeze ink (my fav ever SU colour!!!!) and machine stitched around the edges. I added some chenille-y type of crochet trim to the card- it reminded me of the soft hat, and also a pink crochet flower was nestled behind the stamped panel. It also was inspired by the actual hat. I added a cord gray brad to the front of the sheep panel. The sheep panel is popped up on double layers of dimensionals (that crochet flower is pretty thick!). Baby brads were added to the pink panel in the corners as well.



The inside sentiment panel was sponged and sewn around as well. I used a few scrap pieces of dp layered on black CS to add some interest. I totally don't agree with the saying, as it's freakin' cold out there right now, no matter what you wear! But it is cute nonetheless;) Just not for this climate!!

Recipe:
Stamps: TCP
INK: Memento tuxedo black and SU baja breeze
CS: SU
DP: Basicgrey 'olivia'
Other: Cord brad (SU), Dimensionals (SU), crochet flower (unknown), baby braddies (MFT), Copics, Chenille trim (unknown)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! This card is so cute and funny, I LOVE it! Beautiful job with the paper piecing, and I love the papers you chose, awesome:)