Sunday, October 9, 2011

Clownin' Around with TCP!

Whoo Hoo! We are on the last day of our sneaky peeks before the big release Tuesday, October 11! Then you can have all these goodies shown the past week for your very own! We sure hope you've been inspired by all the Catpackers creations for the past 7 days!
Today we are showing you off one my personal top picks of this release, Clownin' Around. It features our three favorite penguins, finally in their element.....at the circus making mischief;) I also used the new Circus Border Cutup  and Circus Panels Cutup dies on todays card.


Oh My Word- aren't they just the cutest little bunch of clowns you ever did see?? I used a bunch of images from the set. masking like a crazy fool!! Everyone is coloured with copics and there is some glossy crystal effects added here and there. I used the Cloud Border Cutup die to airbrush my sky (ran out of air in the bottom right corner, wouldn't ya know it!!! Grrrr- there is something wrong with buying 'air, lol!) He wants to hillbilly rig me up a compressor tank, but I don't think an explosion in the stamping studio is a real super idea and he'll be darned if he's gonna let me buy a $500 Copics compressor...anyone have any tips on other compressors that you don't have to take out a second mortgage, or loose half your fingers in a horrific burst of compressed air fireball, for?? I'd love to hear!
The ground is just dotting done in a bunch of different brown copics, with some buttermilk spica daubed in for some sandy shine!
I used one of my stocking stuffers from Christmas that doesn't get enough love, the I-Rock, for the clown car hubcaps as well as finishing touches on the circus border cutup.  And I love the Circus Panel Cutups for sentiments. Here I layered two of them for a fun effect, but they are great on their own as well! Aqua Divine Twine was wrapped around a few times for a fun trim!
Here is a closer look at Larry, Daryl and Daryl:
And oh boy, there is 4 little guys on this card...they must have brought in cousin Cletis for the release;)



So are you ready to see what the rest of the Design Team did with this set??? I sure am! Head over to Alma's blog for a complete list of links!
And there is still time for you to win this set on the SCS forum! Check it out:)

And remember to get your funkiest PJ's on, a glass of wine in hand, and join us tonight (Oct 10, 8-10pm EST, 5-7pm PST) , here, for the release party! There will be more DT peeks, as well as lots of fun and maybe even some prizes!!! See ya then!




2 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

LOVE you how combined several of the images Jenny - so colorful. This card just makes me smile!

Bonnie said...

This is so fun! Love your shiny balloon and umbrella.....and I really like the way you did the road/ground! Tucking that away for future reference!