Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sparkle & Shine with Asian Flair!

Oh My Gosh- I feel like a blogging maniac lately! I swear I'm getting carpal tunnel with all this typing! Trust me, I do take care of my kids and have somewhat of a life outside of stamping, even though it must not look like it lately;)
Today's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge is Sparkle and Shine! I have a few sets that I've been dying to use and this one seemed best fitting for the theme. I used Natsuko, and I just love these asian inspired Moonlight Whispers!


I paper-pieced her dress, the hair buns, and the lantern, and then added crystal effects to the dress and buns to give them that satin shine of asian dresses. The red parts of the lantern, as well as the slippers, red dress trim and eyelids have Spica clear glitter pen added. A silver baby brad was used on the lantern tassel and a tiny twinkle rhinstone was adhered into the CE at her collar. The little glittery purple button adorning the satin ribbon is so super-sparkly IRL! I've had it forever just waiting for the right card to use it on....it matches this sweet paper perfectly:) I punched little black CS circles (leaving the edge of the paper off the punch to leave a straight edge and then stuck my fave SU! rhinestone in place.


Here is the inside, where I used my copics to airbrush again (BG11, 13) and punched corner circles and adhered SU! rhinestones again. The sentiment is so perfect I think! And dontcha just LOVE the paper!! I used a larger pattern than seen on the front, to showcase the sweet larger-scale girls!


Okay peeps, if you want to have the chance at winning some amazing KKS rubber, all you have to do is play along with this weeks challenge, and upload your card to the KK blog here!
Happy Stamping:)
Supplies: Stamp- KKS; Ink- memento; CS- SU!; DP- Creative Imaginations; dies- spellbinders; brads, large rhinestones, ribbon- SU!; small rhinestone- TE; sparkly button- stash; circle punch- SU!; Copics; spica; CE; Copics airbrush; eclipse masking tape;
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches #112

2 comments:

Dana Joy said...

Goodness Jenny....this is one awesome card. Okay, you have to help me with my airbrushing. Mine never looks like great!

Hugs
Dana

Tankku said...

Oh Jenny, What a card! So beautiful!