Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{TCPTUES181} Rock & Roll, Baby!

I was all over this challenge our inspiration hostess, Jen. She gave us the FUNNEST challenge ever....Rock & Roll! I know, right!? Exciting! Well, when I was perusing my TCP collection, I came across Bear Hugs, and took one look at the sentiment and knew this was my stamp set of choice! I mean, it matches the title of a classic 70's rock duet (probably one of the best duets of all time) perfectly! And I know my card is leaning towards Madonna's fishnets and glitter, rather than Kiki Dee's polyester overalls....but I'm pretty sure Elton's been known to get a little glittery now and then;)
Here is Jen's inspiration photo collage:


And here is my card! I also used Home Tweet Home Cutup die to make the music note (one in SU's new silver paper and one for the black 'shadow')....Some black stitching and a strip of sequin trim, as well as the netting and little netted rhinestone bow I made for her hair (or fur, I guess;) add to the Rock-Glam look! The dp is an older FancyPants pack, Roadshow, and I used an embossing folder to add some interest to the plain dp at the top.




The inside features the new Circus Border Cutups topped with a strip of sequin trim as well as Heart Trio Cutups. I stamped another sentiment that comes with the set and made a bit of a skirt with the netting and score tape.




And I couldn't leave you without a taste of this awesome old song (I picked the 1976 or 77 version...as they sang so much clearer in their youth, plus I can't get enough of Elton's upper body wag near the beginning!!! Keep yours eyes pealed for that;) And you gotta love the glasses!



There's also a freaky version by Ol' Dirty Bastard that is a tad painful, but hey, whatever floats your boat!
If you would like to play along with us this week, link your Rock-inspired project up to Alma's blog and use the keyword TCPTUES181 on SCS.

sketch- viva la verve

1 comment:

Nancy Thomas said...

Love that little bear and all your fun details. I'm going to try to forget that video though!!