Friday, October 28, 2011

YNS- Canadian Kids Release


Hi there! I am so excited for the Your Next Stamp preview today!! Can you guess why? That's right, it's the debut of the Canadian Kids!!
These World Kids are just the cutest series and of course, the Canadians are my favorite;)
We have a little hockey boy and girl, named Darius (after DT Peggy's son) and....drum roll please......Jenny!! That's right! Named after me! I grew up with brothers and our weekends were always spent at Arena's all over Alberta...Being the product of a pretty hockey crazy province and growing up in a hockey family, Karen thought it would be fun to name her after me! I am so excited:):) Thanks Karen!
I made a card today featuring Darius:
 
I stamped his stick/gloves separately and the wrapped some linen thread (TCP) around the blade, and then popped the whole thing up on dimensionals. The embellies are all SU (buttons, ribbon) and I tied the buttons with TCP's divine twine in airmail. The green piece of dp was cut with a pinking die (TCP). I stitched around the stamped panel with red thread to give it some punch. Silver brads in the corners finish it off.


Check out the YNS blog for links to more designers previewing and remember that these stamps are now available for purchase at the YNS store! Shop early and get a special surprise as well;)

2 comments:

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

This is so CUTE!!! Needs a little blue, don't ya think? LOL 'Jenny' is on the way to you so I look forward to seeing what you create with her!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

SO totally ADORABLE!!