Monday, October 3, 2011

{TSG124) Blind Squirrel

Hey all! Just want to sneak in a quick post for this week's There She Goes challenge. This week Trendsetter Debby is challenging us with a colour challenge...and I must admit, this one had me a little stumped! I love the colours, but I find that yellows and greys have such different undertones and to make the colours really click together, you have to have an eye for cool vs. warm undertones....Enter Authentique designer paper!! I was hunting through my paper packs, trying to pull different sheets from each pack, never quite happy with my results, and then, like a ray from the heavens, light was shed at the back of the basket onto Authentique's Blissful 6x6 pad! Phew!
Here is a little inspiration to get your creative juices flowin'!

So, here is my card, based on this week's Mojo Monday 209 sketch:


OMG- this is the cutest sentiment in the world, if you ask me!! The sentiment, as well as the main image is from the SUPER CUTE Torico set Pumpkins On The Vine. This is one of my fave TSG sets!

I made this card for my sweet BFF and cuz, Susie. She will laugh her hiney off when she reads it, cuz she's totally gonna get the inside joke.....this year is a special Thanksgiving for her, because after a long time as a single girl, she has found Mr Right...so she has one more thing to be thankful for and it's having met your soulmate at long last! I often joke to her that she is probably the biggest dork around guys and inexplicably and subconciously outs off a 'not interested' vibe wherever we go...well, her main squeeze must have seen through her awkardness and found the real chick underneath the dork-suit, because she is the most amazing girl I know and deserves someone who sees the true-Sue (as I like to call it;)...So now do you get the humour in the sentiment? She is the blind squirrel of the dating scene and be darned if she didn't stumble across an acorn anyway;)!!!
Sue, if you're reading this, don't be mad that I told the whole world about your terrible man-hunting skills, cuz the moral of this story is I love ya and Rick does too!! So I hope this is your happiest Thanksgiving yet!!!! xoxo

Here is a close-up of my little Sue and her squirrel friend. I paper-pieced her hat and the dress and coloured the rest with copics, popping the squirrel up on dimenisonals.


And the inside, keeping with the same scalloped edge and papers, as well as the paper-piercing and inked edges. I used another fall sentiment that comes with this set.


For details on this week's challenge, as well as more inspiration from the Trendsetters, check out the TSG Blog! You could win yourself some new goodies just for playin'!

Supplies: Stamps- TSG; ink- memento tuxedo black, colorbox chalk ink in charcoal and creamy brown; DP- Authentique; CS- SU!; ribbon- SU!; dies- MFT scallop; brads and wire ribbon holder- SU!; copics; dimensionals; paper-piercer

8 comments:

Kelly Collins said...

This is so great. I love the paper pieced dress, and the paper piercing. The squirrel is so perfectly placed too!

Michele Boyer said...

So sweet, Jenny! I love the girl's gingham outfit! And the popped up squirrel is just SO cute!

Jackie R. said...

Hi Jenny, Debby's color challenge is turning out to be so much fun! I love your take on the colors. What a CUTE little scene you created.

Patty Sue 2 said...

Jenny,
I was posting my card at MOJO Monday and saw your lovely card. I had to laugh at your fun story. I hop your cousin has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your card is fantastic!

Torico said...

So lovely! Love the paper pieced hat & dress!

Lori said...

This is adorable, Jenny! That paper pieced dress and hat are too cute. Love the story behind this card, too--gives a single girl like me some hope--LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

This is the sweetest card Jenny! Love everything about it!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely adorable. Love her gingham hat and dress. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!