Monday, October 31, 2011

TSG128- Au Naturale

Hey friends! This weeks challenge at There She Goes is brought to you by ME! I just so happen to be the Trendsetter of the Week, and my challenge is to go Au Naturale, and use something 'natural' on your card, whether it be twine, jute, burlap, wood, hemp, etc...fun right? I think so;)
I made my three little boys a Halloween card from their 'mummy', using stamps and sentiments from the AMAZING set Hauntingly Delightful (which I let my middle, Halloween-loving son, Jake pick out;) Since I make alot of projects centered around my kids, I thought it would be fun to occasionally let them pick what I buy (within reason of course;)
Anyway, I am so glad let him choose, as this set is one of my favorites! Keep your eyes pealed in the coming days for a CUH-UTE project that I will be showing you, also featuring this fun set!

Onto my card....

I stamped the mummies in all three sizes, to match my kids, and coloured them in with copics, adding a bit of colour around their eyeballs, in the same hues of my kids eyes (oldest and youngest in blue, and middle in brown). As you can see, I used burlap behind my main panel, brown and natural hemp twine, linen thread and wood buttons as my Au Naturale elements! The sentiment flag was free-cut and distressed and I anchored it with another stamp from this set. I cut a black spiderweb border die (TSG!) to add to the spooky-sweet feel;) The edges of the main stamped panel were sponged in creamy brown and charcoal chalk ink, and the dp pieces were sponged only in charcoal.


A close-up of the little monsters and neat wood buttons:)


And ain't this the truth!! They do make me batty, but I love 'em to bits;) And there's that fabulous spider web die again, and just a smidge more linen thread!


I sure hope that you\ll play along with my first trendsetting challenge! Remember that you don't even have to use a TSG stamp (although we love to see some TSG;) to be elidgeable for the prize! All you have to do is link up your creation to the TSG blog. And if you are looking for more inspiration, see what the other Trendsetters have come up with for my challenge! And stop by for the next few days for more from my spotlight week;)

7 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

ADORABLE! LOVE the burlap and the wooden buttons!
~Meredith

Tobi Crawford said...

SO cute!! I love that set!

Angel said...

love the challenge but ADORE this card!!!!

Theresa said...

Jenny, this is so totally fabulous!! Love all the different elements.

Michele Boyer said...

ACK! This is SOOOOO cute! I love EVERYTHING...the webs, the little mummies...ALL of it! :)

Lynn Put said...

Excellent card Jenny! Love your cute mummies, wood buttons and burlap! Very fun!
Great challenge too!

Tara Godfrey said...

Absolutely the most adorable Halloween card I've ever seen, Jenny! Such cute little mummies and I love how you made a little scene with all 3 in various sizes...love all the natural elements you've used and that border is fantastic...oh and such a cute sentiment too...love it all!!!
Hugs,t