Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Step Right Up for Sneaky Peek Day 3!

Welcome to Day 2 of TCP's sneaky peeks! Today I have a super fun card that I made using the new Step Right Up set, featuring everyones favorite bear, PJ!! He is decked out in his ringmaster attire, and he comes with all sorts of little accessories that you can add to him to get a customized look! I am also featuring a fresh and funky new die, the Big Top Cutup! Sooooo muuuuch funnnn!!!!! I am loving this circus-y theme going on today!

Oh me oh my- the paper piecing on this one had me screaming for Tylenol Arthritis, but I persevered;) My hubby thinks this is what Elton John would wear to the circus (he might wear pants though;), but I think the plain fact that there is no glitter anywhere on this card, says otherwise! Well, I guess there is a little red spica glitter pen on the bow-tie, but not nearly enough for Sir Elton's taste (that reminds me that my middle son wore a red bowtie to supper last night at my moms;)! This definately is not an outfit for those that want to 'blend'.
Along with some copic colouring to go with all that pattern, I popped up his sweet snout with a dimensional and added some silver baby brads for buttons. The oval panel was embossed with a star folder and then inked a bit with chalk ink to add some definition.
For that fabby circus tent, I cut about 4 dies with black CS, adhering them together, then one with the pattern, and finally a pop of red on the roof and curtains...the roof portion was also embossed using the swiss dot folder. It came out really sturdy! Sort of like a mock-chipboard.
Here is a closer look at some of the details:


I did some more embossing with a larger dot folder on the patterned panels, as well as silver brads and black stitching. You'll notice alot of inking going on with me lately..seems that I am addicted to inking edges and sewing!! Not to mention dimensionals! Lord, the stamping monkey's on my back!! Unless a card doesn't fit through the slot and cost $7 to mail, then I'm just not that into it (right, Leigh *wink-wink*)


Notice how the roof part can be popped out a bit? Seriously- I had so much fun with this die, I even surprised myself a little!

Okay, check out Alma's blog to see who else is playing in todays previews! And don't forget about our In It To Win It thread over at SCS...quite possibly the easiest way to win new stamps on the web;)
Catch you back here tomorrow for another peek!



12 comments:

Lisa H. said...

soooo, so cute! love the papers and all your piecing. lovely, Jenny!

Bonnie said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely fabulous! Lovin' that circus tent die! I really can appreciate all the work that went into this!

Nancy Thomas said...

I can't believe you paper pieced his whole outfit!! You are the master at details. Love this.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Terrific cut up shape and I love the dimension you gave to the bear's face too! :)

wendy said...

so stinkin cute !!!!!!

Steph Herbert said...

Adorable card! Love this new set!:)

Alma de la Rosa said...

The paper piecing is so worth it in this card. And those baby brads are JUST perfect.

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my WORD! His moustache is TOO TOO much! He needs to come live at my house!

Anonymous said...

Well I was going for your TCP gig but after seeing this card, I have no hope in hell!!! OMG girlfriend, it is wicked! I didn't get the big top tent die but oh if I would of, you would be in big trouble!!! :)

Lori said...

Jenny, this is fabulous! Love all of the paper piecing going on here--and those baby brad "buttons!"

Unknown said...

This is adorable!! I love all the different papers you have use.
I hope you are sending it to me :-)

zehra said...

Wow what gorgeous paper piecing