Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{TSG126} Mermaid in the Window

Hey there! This weeks challenge at There She Goes is to create a card using only a partial image. Wouldn't my card that I made awhile back, Bachelorette, have been perfect for this one....Oh well;)
I'm going to confess that I actually intended to *follow* this challenge better, but alas, I am a rule breaking deviant.... my 'porthole' was bigger than I thought it would and almost my whole image showed through...and I decided to leave it as is, than to tear the whole dang thing apart!!
So here it is, using one of my latest loves from TSG, Make A Splash....

I have always wanted to try the 'hair gel' window technique (not sure where I first saw this done, but you could probably find it pretty easy on SCS tutorials). Very easy- I coloured my mermaid using blues and violets and a little spica, then I cut her out with a circle nestie. I then made the gel pack using a little plastic bag that something came packaged in. I added a bit of cheap, clear hair gel, squishing it flat, then securing the edge. I then adhered it to the mermaid circle and added the 'porthole' window over the gel sack. I punched 4 small circles of SU's silver CS and added silver i-rock gems over them. Now, I have never been in a submarine, but I think it's likely pretty industrial looking, so I used my checkerplate EF on the main silver panel. The sentiment was stamped on a lilac diecut (TCP) and another die window was made using the same die out of silver. The lilac piece was then embossed with a bubbles folder. There are pop dots between the two for added dimension. I-rocks were added to the sentiment tag as well. SU satin ribbon makes it pretty;)


So, yeah. I really did intend for less of her to be visible!! Like, I was thinking maybe just her upper body and maybe tushie...but it seems most of her is here! Except the splashes, I guess!! Anyway, if you'd like to play along with this challenge and say, stick to the rules;), then check out the TSG blog for deets.

I am also entering the in the Hope You Can Cling To challenge (HYCCT1118) by my team-mate Holly! Check that out on SCS as well:)

4 comments:

My Need 2 Craft said...

WOW! This is FABULOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

She is DARLING, Jenny! I LOVE the "porthole" you have goin' on here! The gel looks great and I really love the colors you have chosen. :) Hope you are doing well! **hugs**

April said...

OMG!!! That is ADORABLE!! I love that you can see all of her... Definitely worked better I think... She is CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

Denise Gutierrez said...

WOW!!!! I have done shaker cards before but never a gel card! this is soooo cool!!! I must try it! thank you for the inspiration!