Saturday, October 15, 2011

KKS100 & A Krafty Contest!


It’s celebration time at Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps today!! Do you know why??? Well, actually it’s for a couple of reasons! Firstly, if you’ve noticed the challenge number.....today is our 100th KKS Challenge!!! Woohoo! And secondly, this month marks Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps’ SECOND BIRTHDAY!!! Can you believe it?? So we’re doing something special to mark the occasion!

Have you ever wanted to be a Krafty Girl?? Think ya got what it takes?? Well, here’s your chance to show it!! Our challenge for this week is to USE YOUR FAVOURITE KRAFTIN’ KIMMIE STAMP! That’s it...nothin’ fancy! Just make us a creation featuring one of your fave KKStamps and share it on the KKStamps blog! Link it up with the little blue froggie and leave us a message in the comment section telling us that you’re applying for the job! The winner will receive a package of new release stamps and will be joining us for the challenges and krafty peeks for the month of December!! (You can still play along if you’re not applying to be a Krafty Girl and we’ll have our regular weekly winner!) You have until October 31st to apply!

Also, you’ve probably heard that tomorrow is our annual Krafty Day that we are holding for the local stampers and scrappers!! Well, we thought we’d like to do something special for our online krafty friends who can’t be with us in person......so come on back tomorrow to find out what we’ve got goin’ on!!! It’s exciting!!

Okay- onto my card! The challenge this week is to use your favorite KK stamp! That's it! Oh goodness, how can you choose just one? I have so many 'favorites';) Just like my kids....they're all my favorites! This is Merry and although I have never inked her up, she is still one of my faves! She does get her fair share of admiring through the packaging....so you can imagine my excitement at actually making a card with her! My mom loves these Annie Rodrigue images, so I am giving her this one for Christmas.

Isn't she just the most festive gal you've ever laid eyes on?! I wish I knew someone that would cook a turkey dinner in this outfit. Her apron and the diamond pattern on her dress are paper-pieced and the rest is copics....I added red twinkles (TE) to the diamond strip on the dress. A little clear spica glitter pen added here and there for some jazz. I wanted this to have a really vintage feel to go with the amazing new Cosmo Cricket paper. I used a MFT border die. TCP's Easy Rosette cutup die was used to make the little glass-glitter dipped adornment, which was topped with a  black button tied with a beige linen thread bow. And last, but not least, I stitched around the panels using black thread.


 Here are a few detail shots of the glitzy, vintage looking rosette.



Next week marks the start of the new release previews, so keep your eyes open for that! There are some great new stamps that I will be working with:) I can't wait to share them with you!

5 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

A fun card Jenny - love your messy stitching and the glittered rosette.

Jackie Pedro said...

For some reason I think you might look like this on Christmas day.....LOL!

So cute, Jenny! Love all the fun details!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Jenny this is FABULOUS, I LOVE LOVE your whole holiday design!!! Such gorgeous details!!!

g said...

so pretty & fun! love your coloring & papers! such a gorgeous rosette embellishment too!

Denise Gutierrez said...

wow! I love this card!