Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh Chute- it's Sneaky Peek Day 4!


Gotcha!! I mean the title of my post in the greatest way! Today we are giving you a peek of the sweet new set Oh Chute (love the name of this set btw Alma!!), that will be released Tuesday, October 11! And I LOVE this set! Anything that can be switched up, by say, adding twine in place of stamped lines, makes me think of all the fun possibilities for artistic expression!
So, since I already spilled the beans about my little 'rope fetish'....lol, I'll show you my card.


So, I've seen in blogland lately, that people have been stamping images in light, or clear ink and then colouring with their copics. It really does lend to a softer look and overall feel, so I decided to try it with this new little bunny. I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder, I then coloured as usual with my markers. the bunny was trimmed out and 8 strings of Ivory linen thread were attached to the back of the bunny with score tape. Okay folks, here is where it gets tricky! I wanted the parachute to be really light and airy looking (like the ones the kids play with in a big circle at school!), so I stamped and embossed the parachute on velum! And I hate the look of glue under velum (even the velum stuff I think you can still see), so I placed the cut chute where I wanted it on the oval panel, then used my piercer and poked through all the little stamped holes (where the stamped lines would have joined the chute). Then all I had to do was feed each thread through the hole left by the piercer, secure them on the back with score tape and sneak a brad in on top. Once the brads were set from behind, the parachute stayed perfectly in place. No need for adhesive! Here is a close up looksie:


Would this make the cutest baby card, or what??? I also used the previously released Cloud Border Cutup die to airbrush my sky in! I love this look and so easy!
And here is the inside, using the amazing new Circus Border Cutup die! I actually used the negative side of the die here and stuck rhinestones in the 'holes'! And here is one of the cute little sayings, stamped on a curve...I love the way you can bend and turn these stamps to get the desired effect!


Okay, time to head on over to Alma's blog to see what the other Catpackers have in store for you! And don't forget about In It To Win It at SCS!
I'll be back Monday with another TCP sneak, but check in with me this weekend for some other challenges:)




7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I chuckled out loud at this sweet card! Love it and the coloring technique is awesome!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Cute! The vellum and strings with those brad/rhinestone things are a great idea.

Nancy Thomas said...

SO pretty and unique Jenny - love the way you did he parachute.

Maggie said...

What a neat idea to use vellum for the parachute! :)

Lori said...

Love the soft look of the coloring technique, Jenny. And, the vellum parachute with the linen strings is fabulous!

Steph Herbert said...

You and your crafty brilliance! Amazing and fabulous as always!:)

Anonymous said...

Listen!! How am I supposed to take your job when you keep making cards like this!!! Seriously girlfriend, amazing!