Tuesday, May 28, 2013

{MFT} Happy Birthday Dad!

Hey there! I have a quick card to share with you this morning. Today is my dad's birthday, so I made him a card using the new Life's Direction set from MFT. The minute I saw this set, I knew it would be perfect for him- He's been a farmer and cattle rancher his entire life.


I wanted the cows to appear like a herd, so I stamped the darkest one first (in Hot Fudge ink) and then continued to stamp cows off, never re-inking. I stamped the herd onto a Fishtail Flag STAX die. The kraft panel was stamped with Kraft ink, using the Western Borders set. The Gumdrop Green CS was stamped with the coordinating ink with the chicken wire from Distressed Background Blocks. 'Happy Birthday' is also from Life's Direction.


I also wanted to keep with his farm colour scheme, which is John Deere green and yellow (Gumdrop Green and Lemon Drop). I tied a lemon drop button with Hemp Cord. I added some mini brads (fencing nails ;). I distressed the Whip Cream and Kraft CS with Kraft ink sponging.


For the inside, I cut DAD from Hot Fudge CS with the By The Letter Uppercase die-namic. I adhered it over a strip of barn board from the Western Borders set (stamped in Kraft ink). I used this week's WSC sketch (#125). You can see the details for that challenge on the SCS thread HERE!

Here are the links to the products used today in the MFT Boutique:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your dad loved this!!