Saturday, May 4, 2013

{MFT} Teasers Day 5


Today I am showing off a new set by Lisa Johnson Designs called Cheerful Blessings.
I have paired some of the gorgeous sentiments from the set with our new Blueprints 3 die-namics, which is our first 'square' blueprints (of course you can use the elements for any sized cards, but the base measures about 4 7/8" so it's perfect for those 5x5 cards!)

I made four cards, all following the MFT Blueprints 3 sketch pdf (FREE). These cards were quick and easy to assemble! LOVE how our Blueprints dies take the brainwork out of card making ;) Sometimes you just need that option ;)


And here is the inside, using another cute sentiment and the little sun image comes with the set as well! The sentiments were all stamped in Hot Fudge Premium die ink- THE BEST inks out there!



Here is card #2. I used elements of Blueprints 3 and added an Orange Fizz button and Hemp cord. I did some faux-stitching using a white pen to the chick panel and Sour Apple CS flower.



On the inside of this one, you can see the lil heart image that can be found in Cheerful Blessings. It's stamped in Pink Lemonade ink.



Card number three has a Cotton Candy button and Hemp centre added to the double Smooth White CS flower embellie. I used that white pen again and followed along the perforations in the Blueprints 3 strip. A perfect stitching guide!






My last card is my favourite. I love the little tiny heart in the sentiment. I added some sakura jelly roll glitter pen in pink and glaze pen to the heart. And a little more of that faux-stitching to the scallops. A Sour Apple button tied with a double Hemp Cord bow tops the small flower die cut.



Inside:



Here is the whole gang together! I am going to give these to my cousin, who is a Church Every Sunday kinda gal (I'm more of a 'only on holidays' person myself). I think she'll enjoy giving them out to her church friends :) I might even make another Gift Box to stick them in!


Here are the current MFT supplies that I've used on my cards:




Be sure to stop on over at the MFT blog to see what the other girls have been up to!

18 comments:

Chitra Nair said...

Beautiful cards... Love the sentiments..

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love this set of cards, so fabulous.

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Very nice cards

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

awww these are so sweet! i love all of the bright papers and such lovely sentiments :)

zehra said...

Lovely set, your cousin will be thrilled

Gypsy 2 said...

Fabulous cards Jenny.Love your fun choice of papers.The sentiments in this set are really special.

Tricia T said...

I love this Blessings set! Cute card set!!

Tricia

Amy Rohl said...

Pure delight here, miss Jenny! Love all the extra stamped details, and that paper that just screams spring!

Tracey said...

Wow! These are just fabulous Jenny!! Great paper choices!!

Unknown said...

Wow - beautiful cards. Love the papers, very sweet.

wendy said...

beautiful cards what a lovely gift for your cousin!

Tammy H said...

Such sweet springy colors and patterns. Certain to bring sunshine even on a cloudy day.

scrappingnana said...

Your cards are beautiful. Love the bright cheerful papers and colors and those sentiments are so special. They are at the top of my list.

Susan said...

Fantastic cards. Your choice of paper is so cute and colorful too.

slbt17 said...

lovely cards - sure to make the recipients feel good!
Sandra ltb

Denise Bryant said...

Love the cards! Great use of the new dies! Love the papers and colors!

Tami B. said...

These are all wonderful and I really love the sentiments in the Cheerful Blessings set.

Lezlye said...

These are sure to cheer anyone up!