Tuesday, May 7, 2013

{MFT} New Product Tour!


Tonight I'm working with a set that I'm sure is on most of your shopping lists!! It's such a classic set and one that is sure to be in my stamping repertoire for years to come! It's called Peaceful Wildflowers.
I made two very different cards to show you the diversity of the set.

The first card uses a neutral palette with a few pops of colour. I used Whip Cream, Kraft, Black Licorice and Jellybean Green (which is my current go-to colour!) And that Chicken Wire die?!?! Oh Em Gee. You NEED it. That is all I'm saying! I used the Vertical Frame die-namic for the focal point. The flowers were stamped in Factory Green, Kraft and Orange Fizz. I added some teeny tiny Black Licorice buttons to the flower centres. The sentiment was stamped on one of the Sentiment Strips dies in Black Licorice Ink. The flowers were cut using the two sizes of flowers from the new Blueprints 3 die set. The ones cut from Kraft CS were stamped with Distressed Background Blocks in Kraft ink. I added a larger Black Licorice button tied with a double Hemp Cord bow. I added a Cornstalk die, as it seemed to fit in with the look of the card.


Here is the inside of the card. I stamped one of the flower images in Factory Green and Kraft (sometimes stamping twice before re-inking). I sponged some Kraft ink all over the Whip Cream panel to give it a vintage look.



Here is my second card. The look is a lot different than the first. This one is very bright and fresh.



I fugured out where my 'window' would be, and then stamped on Smooth White using various MFT inks (including the new Red Hot!). I then added some stickles (the pink stickles turned the Razzleberry flowers almost fluorescent- weird!!)
For the window panel, I cut the window using one of the elements from the Blueprints 3 set. I then used the Chicken Wire die to EMBOSS instead of cut. It's faint, but it looks cool IRL! The picture just doesn't show up on the white CS. Behind that I added an actual chunk of black Chicken Wire. I also used the Dotted Scallop Border in Razzleberry CS. I tied some Hemp Cord around the Blueprints perforated strip and tied an Orange Fizz button (covered with yellow Stickles). The little sentiment was stamped onto one of the tickets from Blueprints 3. This card follows the one of the sketches from the Blueprints 3 printable pdf that MFT offers.




Here is the inside- again, that fluorescent pink was unintended! lol



 This is a bit of a better shot of the glitter using a more natural light.







Head over to the MFT blog for a list of the New Product Tour hop!! And all of the new products are available to purchase HERE!

7 comments:

zehra said...

I loved both versions in and out

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMgosh I love these, so fabulous.

Sarah Gough said...

EEK! All that sparkle....love it! Love how you used the Cornstalk die too!

Jane said...

Great cards Jenny!
Hugs
Jane

Gypsy 2 said...

Love the sparkle! I do like the chicken wire and how you have stamped behind but the vertical frame is a winner for me.It was top of my list.

wendy said...

beautiful

Lisa H. said...

I was oooo'ing and awwww'n over the first one-so earthy and pretty AND then I see the sparkley burst of color on the second card....LOVE it!