Sunday, May 5, 2013

{MFT} Teasers Day 6



 Today I have a fun and easy little project to share with you! I altered a tea tin (from Epicure if any of you are Canadian and familiar with this YUMMY company!). I always save tins that are nice, so I have a little stash in my crafting room all waiting to get reused or repurposed :)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE epicures tins- they are really good quality and seem to seal nice to keep things fairly fresh (there is the square cocoa one that I just finished up- can't wait to alter it!!). This was actually a tin that tea came in, so I am using it today for the same thing!


I used the new Chalkboard Greetings set, stamped it with SU's black craft ink and heat embossed it with black powder. That's directly on designer paper (Farmhouse) cut with the new Vertical Frame die-namic. I cut another frame with Paver Red CS and popped that one up on foam tape. All of the DP is sponged with Kraft Ink. I added some Black Licorice buttons and Hemp Cord. The flowers were cut using the smallest flower from Blueprints 3. The leaf was cut from MFT's Jellybean Green felt using the Royal Leaves die (I actually had a leftover leaf from my frame project still sitting on my desk- Score!!)



Here is a closer look at the super shiny embossing!



You can see the loose tea that I filled the tin with- oooooo, the aroma almost had me salivating when I was taking the pic- Rosehips and Pomegranate.....Yummy!



The belly band that I wrapped around the tin was created using Kraft CS and stamping it in Kraft ink with the distressed dots from Distressed Background Blocks. A great option for making your own tone-on-tone (or not) patterned paper!! LOVE this look :)



Here are the links to the current MFT products that I've used on my Tea Tin:





See the MFT blog for a list of designers teasing today!

16 comments:

Gypsy 2 said...

That new frame works so well with this set.Its going to be on my list for release day!

Tracey said...

Loving this!! A fantastic tin!!

Celeste Goff said...

Love the altered tin...so super cute!

Alina said...

your tea tin looks fabulous, Jenny!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous tin! I love the sentiment. Perfect for tea!

Tricia T said...

What a great repurpose of the tin! So pretty!!

Tricia

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGOsh I love your altered tin, this is so fabulous.

Tami B. said...

This is fantastic, and I think I like the stamp used like this even better than the chalkboard look.

wendy said...

fab gift tin Jenny ..I miss epicure :(
have a great day

Liz said...

It is a good day cause this makes me smile fabulous job as always.

RedGem said...

great project... looking forward to the new release!

Golda said...

What a great project! Your tin looks amazing.

Tammy H said...

Love tone on tone stamping. Such a subtle way to add so much texture without distracting from the focal point. The tea sounds so yummy. Might have to go make a cup.

Deanne Gutierrez said...

I love this project - great job!

Denise Bryant said...

Love your altered tin! Great job on it! Great colors. Love the Vertical Frame die!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, love your tin. What a beautiful gift this would make.