Saturday, May 11, 2013

{SSSC184} Guest Spot!


I am soooo excited about todays post! I was so surprised to get an email from Karen Giron from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (you all know this amazing sketch challenge site, I'm sure! If not, please come out from under your rock and join the rest of the stamping world, lol!). Anyway, Karen (who is so sweet and talented AND I've been lucky to design with on a few different teams) asked me to be a Guest Designer for her next sketch! Whoop! I have been participating in her challenges since I started with the whole blogging thing and a even before, when I was a 'looker' but didn't know how I could ever have my own blog. So this is pretty awesome in my books!

Here is this weeks sketch......


And here is my card! I've used a stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. This is Lexi and her kitty from the set Best Fur-iends.


I 'mirrored' the sketch, moving my banner to the other side just worked better with this particular image.

She was stamped in Memento ink onto X-press it Blending card and coloured with copics and pastels. I added in my own grass. The DP is by Teresa Collins. The flag is the Fishtail Flags STAX die-namics from My Favorite Things, and the flower is from the new Blueprints 3 die-namics. I added some antique silver brads. The CS and DP edges were inked with MFT's Kraft ink. The button (jellybean green) and Hemp Cord are from MFT as well.



Thanks so much for joining me today! If you just stumbled upon my blog, please pay a visit to the SSSC blog to see what the designers have done with the sketch.

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! This is SO SWEET! Your colouring always amazes me!!!

Tracy said...

Jenny you are a rock star! I'm not surprised to find you this weeks winner. You are such an inspiration and your coloring is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G! Such an honor to have you play along with us!

Vicki Burdick said...

Oh my, how totally sweet and adorable, that image is super sweet!! Love your coloring and pretty flower!!! So happy you could join us this week as our fabulous guest designer!!

Lori said...

Too sweet, Jenny! Love your coloring on the adorable image.

Karen Motz said...

This is absolutely fabulous Jenny!!! Your colouring is rockin' and I love the flower on the flag!!

Karen Giron said...

I never knew you were a lurker!! What's up with that!? haha! Love your card as a square - so lovely!! You rocked it, girl!!

JoAnn said...

Love your sweet card. Great coloring of the inmage and I love the papers you used.

JoAnn said...

Love your sweet card. Great coloring of the inmage and I love the papers you used.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GASP!!! This is DIVINE!!!! Your colouring is AMAZING!!!! Thanks for joining us for this sketch!

xx SJ