Wednesday, May 15, 2013

{MFTWSC124} hello



Time for another weekly sketch challenge from My Favorite Things! This week we have a really fun sketch with lots of scrappy layers and an off-kilter panel :D


My card this week features the new Happy Hello die-namic, as well as some older dies: Fishtail Flag STAX and Open Scallop Doily. I added some hemp and a Sour Apple button. I wanted this card to have a shabby-chic kind of look, so I used some colours and patterns that I think lend nicely to that style. The touch of black grounds it (you might notice that I use a LOT of black CS in my designs- it's my second most used CS behind white/cream). I added a couple of black brads. I distressed the edges with Kraft sponging and added some machine stitching.
Happy Hello is such an amazing little die set- You NEED this one! Trust me! A little tip with how to adhere it- I like to use my Xyron machine for attaching these types of die cuts to my cards. So much neater than fussing with glue! and any little stragglers of adhesive I just use my Adhesive Remover rubber eraser thingy (Stampin' Up!).

For the inside, I used a sentiment from LJD Cheerful Blessings.



Okee dokee- that's all for me today! Check out what the others designers have for you today. All of their links, as well as the info you need to participate in this week's sketch, can be found on the MFT blog!

Links to MFT products used today:

5 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Love your take on the sketch. Very pretty card.

Pamela said...

Love It!!!!!

Lisa H. said...

love all the text on this. the hello is a perfect accent. great inside and out, Jenny.

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!!! This is hot GF!

Kim O'Connell said...

Hey, F-O! I love your take on this sketch!