Wednesday, May 22, 2013

{TSG} Amalia Ballerina and Poppy







This month we have two new sets from Megan Suarez: Amalia Ballerina and Poppy. I just LOVE Megan’s style, and we hope you do too! Amalia is the sweetest dancer, and Poppy is the newest of our Spice Girls.



First up is my card using Amalia Ballerina. She is coloured with Copics, and I added spica pens for some subtle glitter. I added a bow with sheer white ribbon with glittery edges to keep in line with the tutu. Some SU rhinestones and silver CS add more bling. The sentiment was added onto a MFT Fishtail Flag STAX die.



Here you can see a bit more of that sparkly sheen that Spica pens provide.



Next I made a card featuring Miss Poppy! She reminds me of Princess Leia from Star Wars with her big side buns ;) She is also coloured with Copic markers. I added more SU rhinestones to her hair bows and outfit, as well as spica pens.


I used the layout from this week's Retro Sketch challenge #64, which my friend and fellow Trendsetter, Danielle, designed! Danielle is a master at sketches! Just this past February when I had the pleasure of meeting Danielle (and eating her cookies, nom nom) she whipped up a cute sketch for me in a matter of seconds when I was stumped on a card layout! I love the sketch she came up with this week and I can see using it over and over! LOVE the polaroid element and the flag strip tucked in!
I used MFT dies for this card (Polaroid, Fishtail Flags STAX, Circle STAX 1 and 2)




Poppy is a 3x4 set that includes a total of 5 stamps and will sell for $9.00.
Amalia Ballerina is a 3x4 set that includes a total of 3 stamps, and will sell for $9.00.

Both sets will be available on Saturday, May 25th at 11pmEST.
Would you like to win both the new sets from Megan Suarez? Here is what you need to do- visit the Trendsetter’s blogs that are participating in each of the blog hop challenges below and comment on their creations as you go. One of the Trendsetter’s blogs (from each hop day) will be randomly chosen as the ‘it’ blog and a winner will be picked using a random number generator from the comments left on that Trendsetter’s Blog Hop Challenge post.
You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning new stamps! The Blog Hop Challenges will be open until 5 PM Eastern Time Saturday, May 25thwith the winner being announced during the release party chat.

25 comments:

Cindi said...

Beautiful cards! I love your coloring and papers.

Lisa H. said...

eeeeek!!! love, love love her!!!! what is that paper? it's perfect with her. and that sketch is so cool, think I need to barrow it. :)

Vivi Casale said...

both cards are stunning!! love them!

Aimée Dillon said...

I looooove Poppy!!! Her hair is gorgeous and I like the layered look to her card. so cute. And the ballerina card is gooooorgeous. The radiant definition really is subtly sweet. Love love love.

postalorphan said...

These are both fabulous cards - love all the layering! Just perfect!

Lesley said...

Poppy does have Princess Leia hair! Cute! The sheen on your first card is pretty and perfect!

Alina said...

wonderful card! Love it!

Jules said...

Great coloring on both images, Jenny! Really enjoyed those paper choices on your ballerina card too!

Mare said...

Adorable cards!

featheredheaven said...

Both of these cards are simply wonderful! I love the colors you used as well as the paper!
Sue O

Guild Master Crystal said...

Love your cards! Awesome work! I'm loving these images.

Mary J said...

They are both gorgeous, Jenny - love your hair colouring too!

Sabrina said...

Fabulous coloring and just fabulous cards!!

Amy Martin said...

Very cute cards. Wonderful choice of pattern papers and layers.

PapierGirl said...

Darling cards - love Poppy and all the beautiful layers! :)

Danielle L. said...

Love your cards, Jenny. And your take on the sketch. P.S. I baked cookies last night. ;) Nom nom nom.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Sweet projects. Wonderful coloring. TFS

Kathleen said...

Both cards are beautiful

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards, they are so pretty and love your coloring too.

Mary-Anne V said...

Great cards...love the colouring and designs.

stampinfun71 said...

Both of your cards DELIGHT me!!! I love all the dies and layers with Poppy, it's so bright and cheerful like her! And your coloring on her hair is fab! I just can't believe how awesome both of the new sets look and the talent on the hop has left me speechless! And HAPPY, thank you all!

Tracy Valure said...

Great layouts! ;-)
Tracy

Karen (karey2005) said...

Very cute!

Janis said...

Love the sheer ribbon bow on the ballerina which echoes her tutu. Also love how you glitzed up Poppy's dress.

Paula said...

both cards look fantastic!! These girls are just adorable.